Spring is a hot time for the real estate market. Here are 5 secrets your real estate agent doesn’t want you to know.
1. Bait-and-switch: Agents would put up fake listings, or keep a listing up years after it’s been sold. When asked to see the property, they would offer a customer something else
2. Realtor doublespeak: Listings often feature certain key words to mislead clients, such as ‘cozy’ to describe a tiny house or apartment
3. Self-promotion: Open houses are held not to sell the property, but to raise the profile of the real estate agent
4. Wall of silence: Some agents would keep quiet about a murder or a pest infestation that took place in a house they’re selling
5. Double end: Real estate agents would conceal a higher offer on a home from their client if it means having to share commission with another agent.