1. If the plane door is open, we’re not getting paid. None of the pre-flight time where we’re cramming bags into overhead bins shows up in our paychecks.
2. Landing this gig is tough. Competition is fierce with Delta receiving over 100,000 applications for 1,000 openings back in 2010.
3. You’ve never experienced extreme turbulence. As long as your seat belt is on, you’re more likely to be injured by falling luggage than by choppy air.
4. We can be fired for bizarre reasons like wearing her uniform sweater tied around our waist or flying while ill.
5. Seniority means shorter skirts. We can’t hem our skirts above a certain length until we’re off probation.